Here are answers to a few frequently-asked Google+ questions:
What Does the New Google+ Release Mean for My Business?
Google+ Local will allow you to manage your Google local business listing in a more meaningful way, according to Google.
Does This Mean More Work For Me?
Herbst Marketing clients can rest assured that we will be taking care of your Google Places pages and Google+ listings. If you are managing your Google web presence yourself, then you will need to manage your Google+ Local page through your Google Places account and login. If you have not done so already, you should create a Google+ Business page as soon as possible, because Google says it will be releasing a way to connect the Google+ Local listing with your Google Places listing soon.
What Will Happen to Reviews on my Google Places Page?
Any existing reviews on your Google Places page will be migrated over to your Google+ Loacl page. The reviews will no longer be identified by reviewer name, but will simply be attributed to “A Google User” until the owners of the reviews verify their old reviews. Google says it will be asking Google account holders (those with gmail accounts who have submitted reviews) to verify their old reviews.
Will I Lose the Photos That Were On My Google Places Page?
Any photos you had on your Google Places page will also be published on your Google+ Local page.
Does This Change How Potential Customers Find Me in Google?
Your potential customers will be able to search for your business as usual, and their experience will remain consistent whether they are searching in Google or on Google+, Google Maps, or through mobile apps.
What Else Do I Need to Know About Google+ Local?
- Google+ is Google’s response to Facebook, and Google’s initiative to add a more social dimension to Google business listings and search results.
- Your Google+ Local page will feature photos, a Review Button, and allow you to add people to various “circles” according to your relationship with them (Friends, Family, Acquaintances, Clients, etc.)
- Business owners who believe in promoting their business through social media are advised to let their social contacts know they are now on Google+ and invite family, friends, clients, and acquaintances to follow you on your Google+ Page.
- Google+ Local increases the “weight” of social recommendations in local search results. When potential customers search for local businesses while they are logged into a gmail account or other Google account, the search results they see will show local businesses that have been recommended by that potential customer’s friends and other members of their social network.
- Since Google local search results will be more heavily influenced by reviews and social recommendations, it is recommended that business owners develop and implement a system designed to encourage customers to review them on Google+.
- Google+ pages have a new “Local” tab to make it easier for potential customers to find businesses like yours from their Google+ accounts.
Want to Know More?
This article from Search Engine Land provides more information of interest to local business owners.
You can find out where your business is currently listed online (and get valuable information on where you should be listed online) by visiting GetListed.org and typing in your business name and zip code.
For affordable assistance in increasing your company’s web presence and improving your local search results, call Herbst Marketing today: (540) 937-7234.