Your company is unique. Therefore, your new website needs to be tailored to your specific needs, goals, and expectations.
We need to understand your business in order to develop an appropriate quote and scope of work for your new website.
The following questions will help you clarify your goals and objectives for your new website, and your answers to these questions will help us create an appropriate scope of work and quote for your project:
- How long have you been in business?
- How do you currently attract new customers to your business?
- Is there anything you are not currently doing to bring new business in that you would like to do more of?
- Are you required to be professionally licensed in order to conduct business legally? If so, do we need to publish your business license information on your website? Can you provide that information to us?
- What is your business address, phone number and email address?
- Do you work from home?
- Do customers come to you? Or do you go to your customers’ home or place of business?
- Who is your competition?
- Have you won any awards that you want to mention or feature on the website?
- Do you belong to any professional associations? If so, do you want to include those membership logos on your website?
- Do you have any social media accounts set up? Can you provide us with login information and URLs for each of your social media accounts?
- What is your sales cycle?
- What is the primary message that you want to communicate to your clients / customers?
- Do you have any published customer reviews or testimonials that can be included on the website?
- Do you have a convenient way to gather / collect customer reviews via your website?
- How many people work in your company?
- What do you sell?
- What is your list of services??
- What is your service area?
- What distinguishes or differentiates you from your competitors?
- What’s your tagline?
- Do you have a website now?
- What is your budget?
- What is your timeline for getting the website completed and launched? How critical is it to have the website completed and launched by a specified date?
- What problem do you expect the website to solve for you?
- What are your expectations for the website? Including how it will look, how it will function, how you will maintain it, and what results it will deliver for your business.
- What don’t you want?
- Do you have any examples of other websites you like and would like to emulate? Where can we find those examples?
- How many people will be participating / providing input into the website building process?
- Will you be the sole decision maker or is there a group/ committee making the decisions?
- If a group: How many people will be involved? How much time will they need to deliberate / make decisions at project milestones? How far along are you in the process?
- Have you worked with another designer before? Why are you not working with your previous designer?
- How involved do you like to be in the process?
- Is your site meant to be a lead generator or an online brochure??
- Who is writing the website content?
- If you sat at your computer and did a Google search which keyword(s) would you expect your site to show up for?
- Do you have images you want to use on the website? Are you able to provide those images to us? Do you have copyright to use those images?
- Do you have a logo?
- What color scheme do you have in mind?
Do you have a domain name? Can you provide us with the login information for your domain name registrar so that we can direct the domain name to our hosting service?
Do you understand the distinction between a domain name and a hosting service? Do you need us to explain how hosting works and why it is necessary?
Do you already have a hosting service for your website? Are you willing to host the new website with our website hosting service?
How is your email configured? ?Do you have a Gmail account that you use? Can we use your existing email account or should we set one up? (We need this for Analytics & Webmaster Tools)
- What is the best method of communication for you? Emails, Skype, in person, phone?
- What else do you need aside from a website?
- Do you have social media accounts??
- Do you plan on blogging?
- Do you want training on WordPress?
- Do you need a lead generating form set up on your website?
- Do you want me to customize templates in an email platform to match your web design? If so, what email platform are you using or do you plan to use? Will you be able to provide me with the login information for your email platform account?
- Are you interested in having us provide local search engine optimization services, Google adwords advertising and/or Facebook targeted advertising for your business?
When it comes to marketing small businesses online, Don Campbell is my “go to guy” for authoritative advice.
I stumbled across Don several years ago when I was trying to figure out how to build a website for my own Warrenton, Virginia yoga studio. Don was immensely helpful and tremendously patient in guiding me through the entire process of building a website that worked the way it should. Thanks to Don, I succeeded in building a simple website that generated lots of new leads and inquiries for my yoga classes.
Over the past several years, Don has developed a national reputation as a leading expert on WordPress websites and small business internet marketing. I am honored to be one of Don’s “Expand2Web” expert consultants. That means I have been personally trained by Don in how to design affordable WordPress websites for small business owners so they can market their products and services more effectively by leveraging the power of the internet.
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Websites
Don recently had his article, Seven Habits of Highly Effective Websites, featured in the Search Engine People blog.
Don says that successful websites share these elements:
- Simple Design and Navigation
- Owner’s Picture on the About Us Page
- A Clear and Prominent Call to Action
- Unique Content, Updated Regularly
- Syndicated Content
- Measurable Results Using Google Analytics
- Mobile-Friendly Design
When I work with small business clients, I apply the same principles I learned from Don to their website design and development. When you choose Herbst Marketing for your small business website design and development needs, you get the added benefit of knowing that you are working with an Expand2Web expert using Don’s methodologies for your success.
If your website is more than two years old, there’s a good chance you can benefit from an expert business website assessment.
Are you wondering if your current website is outdated?
Are you dissatisfied with its performance?
Do you know if your website was built properly to maximize its marketing effectiveness?
Is your business getting found online by your ideal prospects and target marketplace?
Would you like to be attracting more ideal clients, and generating more qualified leads and sales with less expenditure of your time and effort?
Get On Track for Success With a Personalized Website Assessment
Well-constructed business websites save you time and earn you money.
Herbst Marketing can prepare a personalized business website assessment and customized online marketing road map that can improve your business.
Our analysis will show you what needs to be done to make your website a high-performing revenue-generating tool for your business.
Here’s What You Get in a Website Assessment
We will evaluate your existing website’s overall design and function and let you know what is working and what could be improved.
We will analyze your website to see if it:
- Has been properly optimized with unique page titles and descriptions;
- Has concise, well-written content that speaks to and attracts your ideal customer;
- Has been indexed by search engines so that your ideal prospects can find you online using your most important keywords;
- Has been listed in the most important web directories;
- Is easy to navigate;
- Guides your visitors to take a buying action or other action that can lead to more sales for you.
We will schedule a time to review our findings with you, either by phone, Skype or in person, and our recommended plan of action.
At the end of our review session, you will be given all the information you need to implement our recommended plan of action, or – if you prefer – a “scope of work” you can use to request proposals from experts who can help you.
How to Order
Click on the “Buy Now” button below. This will take you to a PayPal link where you can order your website assessment. (You don’t need to have a PayPal account to order your assessment online. You can also use your credit or debit card).
One-Time Fee: $298.00
Important: Once you’ve paid for your assessment, we will email you a questionnaire asking you to provide information we need to begin our analysis.
Once we receive your completed questionnaire, we will contact you to schedule our phone consultation. Allow one week from the time you submit your request to the time of our phone consultation. This will allow sufficient time to prepare your Business Website Assessment and Plan of Action.
Google’s release of Google+ Local on Wednesday, May 30, has raised many questions about what the change means for Northern Virginia business owners, and what – if anything – they need to be doing now to respond to Google’s local search update.
Google+ Local SEO News
Here are answers to a few frequently-asked Google+ questions:
What Does the New Google+ Release Mean for My Business?
Google+ Local will allow you to manage your Google local business listing in a more meaningful way, according to Google.
Does This Mean More Work For Me?
Herbst Marketing clients can rest assured that we will be taking care of your Google Places pages and Google+ listings. If you are managing your Google web presence yourself, then you will need to manage your Google+ Local page through your Google Places account and login. If you have not done so already, you should create a Google+ Business page as soon as possible, because Google says it will be releasing a way to connect the Google+ Local listing with your Google Places listing soon.
What Will Happen to Reviews on my Google Places Page?
Any existing reviews on your Google Places page will be migrated over to your Google+ Loacl page. The reviews will no longer be identified by reviewer name, but will simply be attributed to “A Google User” until the owners of the reviews verify their old reviews. Google says it will be asking Google account holders (those with gmail accounts who have submitted reviews) to verify their old reviews.
Will I Lose the Photos That Were On My Google Places Page?
Any photos you had on your Google Places page will also be published on your Google+ Local page.
Does This Change How Potential Customers Find Me in Google?
Your potential customers will be able to search for your business as usual, and their experience will remain consistent whether they are searching in Google or on Google+, Google Maps, or through mobile apps.
What Else Do I Need to Know About Google+ Local?
- Google+ is Google’s response to Facebook, and Google’s initiative to add a more social dimension to Google business listings and search results.
- Your Google+ Local page will feature photos, a Review Button, and allow you to add people to various “circles” according to your relationship with them (Friends, Family, Acquaintances, Clients, etc.)
- Business owners who believe in promoting their business through social media are advised to let their social contacts know they are now on Google+ and invite family, friends, clients, and acquaintances to follow you on your Google+ Page.
- Google+ Local increases the “weight” of social recommendations in local search results. When potential customers search for local businesses while they are logged into a gmail account or other Google account, the search results they see will show local businesses that have been recommended by that potential customer’s friends and other members of their social network.
- Since Google local search results will be more heavily influenced by reviews and social recommendations, it is recommended that business owners develop and implement a system designed to encourage customers to review them on Google+.
- Google+ pages have a new “Local” tab to make it easier for potential customers to find businesses like yours from their Google+ accounts.
Want to Know More?
This article from Search Engine Land provides more information of interest to local business owners.
You can find out where your business is currently listed online (and get valuable information on where you should be listed online) by visiting GetListed.org and typing in your business name and zip code.
For affordable assistance in increasing your company’s web presence and improving your local search results, call Herbst Marketing today: (540) 937-7234.
Herbst Marketing, a WordPress website development company serving small businesses throughout Northern Virginia, has just completed work on its latest client website: Listening-Loops.com.
Listening Loop Technologies, Inc., is a division of Fauquier Hearing Services, Inc., which has provided hearing testing and hearing aid services to clients throughout Northern Virginia since 1999.
Listening Loops are systems that can be installed in the home and in public spaces that eliminate background noise and dramatically enhance the hearing and listening experience for hearing-impaired individuals who are wearing t-coil equipped hearing aids.
Offering a free sample of your product or service to first-time website visitors is a time-tested, proven way to grow your business fast.
Capture More Leads Online With Special Offers and Lead Capture Forms
Everyone loves to receive free gifts. When you offer free gifts available only through your website — and require website visitors to provide their name and email address to receive those gifts — you develop an email list that is worth its weight in gold.
A highly-targeted email list also increases the inherent value of your business, if you ever decide to sell your business in the future.
Did You Know?
On average, email marketing delivers a $50 return for every dollar you spend on email promotional campaigns.
When people sign up to receive your special offers, you can follow up with more enticing offers and invitations to come back to your business again and again.
An email opt-in form that is prominently displayed on every page of your website with an invitation to sign up to receive a special gift will help you build a targeted list of prospects who are likely to buy more of what you have to sell.
Regular email messages and promotions sent to your highly-targeted list of prospects can quickly turn one-time visitors into repeat customers who can be prompted to refer more business your way as well.
Examples of Effective One-Time Offers
If you own a restaurant and offer one free dessert with the purchase of two entrees, this will likely lead to the sale of at least one more dessert as well. If your coupon prompts a visit from a family of four, then you will likely sell two additional meals and as many as three additional desserts as well.
Free Offers Can Work For Any Kind of Business
No matter what kind of business you own, chances are you can think of something you can give away for free in a way that will lead to at least one sale, and potential repeat sales. Here are some ideas to get you going:
- Free hair color consultation
- Free inspection
- Free skin type analysis
- Free wardrobe analysis
- Free first-time coaching session
- Free first-time tutoring session
- Free business card design consultation
Free Giveaway With Purchase
- Free topping with any ice cream sundae
- Free topping with any large pizza
- Two free drinks with purchase of two entrees
- Free haircut with purchase of coloring or other chemical treatment
- Free facial with purchase of massage
- Free makeup brush with purchase of skin care and cosmetics package
- Free tote with purchase of $50 worth of product
- Free tire rotation for one year with purchase of four tires
- Free dessert on your birthday
Offer exclusive subscriber-only discounts to get more people to sign up or your email list.
- $10 off your next service when you review our company on Yelp
- $5 off your next purchase when you like us on Facebook
- 10% VIP discount on all purchases when you sign up for our email list
There is no limit to the creative offers you can develop to appeal to your target market and grow your list of highly-qualified prospects.
Need Help? Call Today!
Sometimes we all need a creative jump start to help us set up a website that works and craft the kinds of offers that will grow our business fast.
If you would like expert help or coaching, call me direct:
or Email me here
If you are a local business owner, chances are you could use more leads to keep your business growing and thriving.
If you could get 10 or more additional calls or visits each week from people who are actively shopping for your products and services, would that make a positive difference in your bottom line?
How to Generate More Leads With Less Work With Local Search Marketing
One of the best and fastest ways to attract more highly-targeted and qualified leads for your business is to make sure you have claimed, verified and optimized your Google Business Listing and listed your business in as many other local business directories and review sites as possible.
As you can see from the pie chart on the left (click the chart for a larger view), you need to include at least 17 different elements for a complete local business directory listing.
Know the Top Local Search Ranking Factors Before You Start
While you can create and submit your local business listings yourself, this task is not as simple or straightforward as you might imagine. Before getting started, you should read and understand how to apply these local search ranking factors.
How Much Time Does It Take to Create and Submit an Effective Lead-Generating Local Business Listing?
An effective lead-generating local business listing starts with keyword research. You will want to spend some time researching which business categories are the best choices for your business. Here for example, is Google’s list of official business categories.
Whenever possible, you should list your business using at least one of the “official” business categories used by each directory. If your business does not fit neatly into any of the listed categories, choose the category that best fits your business.
Every directory has its own set of business categories. Unfortunately, there is no standard list of business categories that is used by every local business directory, so you must use your best judgment in each instance to decide where your business best fits within that directory.
Next, you will need to craft a concise, well-written business description that incorporates highly-searched keywords and keyword phrases. You can use Google’s Keyword Research Tool to research and identify keywords and keyword phrases that are most likely to generate search traffic for your website.
Your business description should include a call-to-action that will motivate online visitors to call or email you right away to get something valuable, such as a time-limited coupon or special offer.
Realistically, you should budget 10-20 hours to do the preliminary keyword research and then create and submit a properly constructed lead-generating local business listing to the top local business directories.
This Sounds Awfully Complicated: Is It Really Worthwhile?
Once your complete, well-crafted business information is listed everywhere it needs to be online, you can expect a high return on your investment. Local online business listings can get found by hundreds — even thousands — of people every month who are searching for businesses just like yours. When you make it easy for them to find and contact you online, you can expect to generate many more highly-targeted leads, with little or no additional effort.
I Don’t Want To Do This Myself: Can You Do It For Me?
If you do not want to take the time to learn how to create and submit effective local business listings yourself, Herbst Marketing can do it for you.
Get Started: Call 540-729-4076 Today
We can get your business listed everywhere it needs to be listed online. Pricing depends on the number of directories in which you are listed. We will need to talk with you first and get a better understanding of your business in order to identify the best business directory listings for you.
In today’s world, customers expect to be able to find local businesses online. Like it or not, you need a website to compete effectively in today’s marketplace.
Godaddy, Yahoo, Vistprint, Verizon, and many more companies are luring local business owners with offers of free or low-cost website builders. Once you bite on the offer, you are subjected to a number of upsell offers, so that these “free” solutions aren’t really free at all.
Lee Highway Nursery Website BEFORE
Few business owners understand that these services don’t live up to their promise, and don’t deliver professional-quality web marketing solutions suitable for businesses that are (more…)
In 2008, I decided I needed to figure out a way to supplement our family income. I wanted an income-generating solution that would allow me to:
- Generate a substantial income
- Work from home
- Balance work life with family life
- Control my work schedule
- Work flexible hours
- Generate a substantial income
Many hours of brainstorming and online research led me to Site Build It
One thing that impressed me about Site Build It was its mission to help individuals like me build a successful business online. (more…)