Formerly known as Rhodes Drug Store, Amy’s at Rhodes is located at 77 Main Street, next door to the Main Street Grill and across Main Street from Piccadilly, Ltd. in historic Old Town Warrenton, Virginia. Amy’s at Rhodes offers a wide variety of gifts for all ages, including Warrenton, Virginia souvenirs, stuffed animals, children’s books, Virginia-made crafts and specialty foods, and American-made handbags, kitchen linens, home decor items, skin care and beauty products.
Amy Leach worked at Rhodes Drug Store for many years before purchasing the store from the original owners in 2009. At the end of 2012, she decided it was time to give the website a new look that showcased her new brand. She asked Herbst Marketing to develop a simple website that would be easy to manage and update herself.
Before and After: Amy’s at Rhodes Website Makeover
Amy’s new website incorporates several important features that will enhance its effectiveness as a marketing tool for Amy’s at Rhodes. Specifically:
- The website is branded to display her new shop sign in the website header and incorporates the sign’s colors and fall leaf motif in the background image.
- The website includes a prominent invitation on every page to join Amy’s E-Club to receive subscriber-only special offers and early-bird alerts about new items in-stock. This will enable Amy to communicate directly with customers who want to hear from her, without being constrained by print publication schedules of local newspapers and magazines to get the word out to her customer base.
- A built-in photo gallery showcases the wide variety of items available through Amy’s at Rhodes. It and can be easily updated with new photos as new items are added to the store’s inventory.
- The website includes a link to the Amy’s Facebook page, to enhance her social media presence.
- The website also includes a built-in WordPress blog, which is beneficial for search engine optimization and search engine rankings. Through her blog, Amy will be able to update her website as needed with search-engine-optimized articles about new items, local events and other store news.
Mobile Optimized Website IncludedAmysatRhodes.com has been mobile-optimized as well. That means the website has been specially formatted to automatically display a mobile-friendly version that is easily read and navigated when viewed on a small smartphone screen. (See image on right.)
Amy’s mobile-optimized website includes a “click to call” button and a “click for directions” button that will make it fast and easy for customers to call and find Amy’s shop from their mobile phone.
It has been a pleasure to work with Amy Leach to develop her new web presence. Herbst Marketing will continue assisting Amy with email marketing, Facebook management, and other marketing tasks.
When we completed her website, Amy had this to say:
I want to take a moment to shout out a BIG THANK YOU to Yvonne Herbst of Herbst Marketing for doing such a wonderful job on our new website. You are the best, and Thank you so much for putting your whole heart into creating just what I wanted. Also to Miss (Erin) Herbst, her daughter, Thank you as well….. it was great working with you both!! Wonderful Ladies, and Great Customer Service I would recommend whoever out there that needs a websit to Herbst Marketing!:~) Thank You!!
If you own a small business in Virginia and have been thinking about getting a new website or updating your current website, give us a call or send us an email to discuss your needs. We will be happy to help!