If you are looking for a simple and easy way to increase revenues and profits quickly for your restaurant or local business, you should consider implementing a birthday club. Birthday Clubs are proven revenue boosters that can bring more high-value customers into your restaurant every week.
People who are are celebrating birthdays are in a splurging mood — ready to spend plenty of money to commemorate the occasion. Restaurants who cater to this market segment can increase revenues and profits virtually on demand.
Birthday clubs also work well for: hair salons, day spas, nail salons, jewelers, house cleaning services, caterers, car washes, car detailing shops, auto dealers, and any other kind of business that can offer an enticing birthday special to bring new customers in.
An Overlooked Marketing Strategy
Even though people celebrating their birthdays are high-value customers, most locally-owned restaurant and independent business owners have not implemented a disciplined marketing system that capitalizes on this market segment.
5 Benefits of Birthday Clubs
1) High-Value Customers: according to the National Restaurant Association, an average birthday patron generates $78 in revenue per table.
2) Goodwill: Patrons and their guests who dine with you on their birthday bring good will & upbeat energy to your restaurant. It keeps your establishment happier!
3) Group Buys: Birthday guests seldom dine alone on their birthday. Most birthday guests are accompanied by friends and family members for their birthday celebration. The average birthday table is 3-4 people.
4) Low-Hanging Fruit: More than 55% of all Americans eat out on their birthday. Why not capitalize on what would be lost revenue?
5) Revenue Multiplier: Each new customer you bring in can have a high lifetime value when they enjoy themselves and choose to dine out regularly at your restaurant (or purchase more products or services from your local business after you have impressed them with their birthday purchase.) Each new customer who becomes a loyal repeat customer can have a tremendous positive impact on your bottom line. Imagine how you can profit by bringing more birthday groups into your restaurant (or other place of business) on a daily basis.
How to Create a Birthday Club
STEP 1: Create an Enticing Birthday Offer
It’s important to make sure you have an enticing offer that will motivate people to celebrate their birthday at your restaurant (or, if you own a different kind of business, by choosing to purchase a product or service from your business).
Complimentary meals or desserts for the birthday celebrant are the most popular offers that work well for all kinds of restaurants.
STEP 2: Design the Marketing Materials
You will need to create marketing material to showcase your birthday club and encourage existing customers and new customers to sign up for your club. These can be postcards you send in the mail, business-card sized cards you provide to guests upon paying for a meal, or table tents with a call to action to join your birthday club.
STEP 3: Set up a Web Page and Automated Follow Up Messages
Your marketing materials should direct readers to a web page where they can sign up for your birthday club. This web page features a form your customers fill out that adds their information into a database. It is also programmed to send messages and offers out to your birthday club members at the right time (a week or so before their birthday.)
But that’s not all! Your automated email system (which we refer to as an “autoresponder”) can be programmed to send out regular messages and invitations throughout the year with offers and invitations designed to bring more people into your restaurant more often.
STEP 4: Manual Sign-Up Form
You can also give existing customers a card to fill out with the information needed to join your birthday club (name, email address, phone number and mailing address) and then enter their information into a spreadsheet or a database program such as excel or google spreadsheets
STEP 5: Ongoing Management Tasks
Birthday clubs can yield tremendous benefits for your business. However, they also require ongoing management by a dedicated employee or other individual who will oversee and manage your birthday club tasks.
Birthday Club management tasks include:
- entering new subscribers into your database,
- tracking the performance of your marketing efforts,
- keeping Birthday Club marketing materials current and up to date.
If you do not have the internal resources to manage a birthday club effectively, we can help! We specialize in managing profitable revenue-generating birthday clubs for restaurants nationwide.
Our proprietary Birthday Marketing Program can help you attract more new customers weekly by reaching out to thousands of people in your local area who have a birthday coming up within the next 7 days.
We can get your message seen by customers living within 1 mile, 5 miles, 10 miles or any other radius of your restaurant you specify! We then send these customers to your restaurant to celebrate their special day.
Spaces Are Limited: Contact Us Today
To avoid saturation and maintain the novelty and effectiveness of our Birthday Marketing Program, we limit the number of restaurants and local businesses we work with when setting up Birthday Clubs in your area.
If you are interested in learning how we can help you increase revenues and profits for your restaurant, we encourage you to contact us today to reserve your place in our program.
Simply The Easiest Way to Increase Revenues and Profits
If you like the idea of filling your restaurant seats with more new patrons — or bringing more new customers into your place of business — on a daily basis, you should contact us today so we can determine if this is a good fit for your restaurant or local business.
Our Birthday Club Marketing Program is simply the easiest, hassle-free way to increase your revenue and drive new customers into your restaurant daily.