If you don’t have a mobile website (sometimes referred to as a mobile app) for your business, chances are you are losing sales and revenue that could easily be yours … and don’t even know it!
Why Mobile Websites are a Must Have for Northern Virginia Businesses Today
More and more local customers use their mobile phones instead of their personal or desktop computers to find and research local businesses before they buy.
Businesses with mobile-enabled websites get found faster and easier on mobile phone searches than businesses without mobile-enabled websites.
As you can see from the example above, mobile websites are specially designed and configured to make it fast and easy for people to:
- Click to call your business;
- Get directions to your business;
- See your business information at a glance, in a format that is easily viewed on a small mobile phone screen or mobile device screen.
Do You Know What Your Website Looks Like on a SmartPhone?
Websites that are not mobile-enabled are harder to read on small phone screens. Sometimes, they don’t even show up at all on a smartphone screen!As you can see in the example to the right, when I visit the Chart House website, my iphone displays a black screen with a message instructing the viewer to download a special plug-in to view the website. Many people won’t know what to do with this message, and won’t want bother with downloading the plug-in required to view the website properly.
The Restaurant Eve website (below) viewed on an iphone lacks any kind of navigation to guide the viewer to the restaurant’s menu, directions to the restaurant, or any other helpful information.
Smartphone Trends and Statistics
Recent statistics tell us that:
- In 2011, the number of smartphones sold exceeded the number of personal computers (PCs) sold.
- In 2011, there were 831 million smartphone users.
- In 2011, 30 million people looked up retail business information online using their smartphones.
- In a few years, the number of mobile devices will dwarf the number of PCs.
So, if you want to keep up with the times, compete effectively in today’s marketplace, attract more customers easily and keep business rolling in, you need to get a mobile website soon!
Keep Up With The Times: Get Your Mobile Website or Mobile App Today
If you would like a mobile website for your business, Herbst Marketing can help!
Call us today: (540) 937-7234
click here to send an email message
Google — the most-used search engine in the United States — recently interviewed 5,013 U.S. adults ages 18-64 to find out:
- How consumers use smartphones in their daily lives
- The kinds of information consumers search for using their smartphones
- How smartphones influence buying decisions
- How consumers multi-task with their smartphones
- How consumers respond to mobile ads
Of special interest for small business owners, the report reveals that:
- 81% of smartphone owners use their phones to browse the internet; and 77% access search engines (like Google) using their smartphones;
- 89% use their smartphones to connect with others vie email and social networking sites;
- 77% have contacted a local business after finding that business using their smartphones, and 44% have purchased from a local business as a result of information they found on their smartphones;
- 88% acted within a day on information they found using their smartphones
- 75% use their smartphones to get directions;
- 46% visited retail websites using their smartphones;
- 18% visited coupon websites using their smartphones;
What Does This Mean For You?
First, look up your own business on a smartphone, using keyword phrases like the products you sell combined with your location (i.e., insurance agency warrenton va, hair salon warrenton va).
Do you show up fast in search results? Are you happy with your search engine placement? (i.e., your position – ranking – in search engine results?
Does a “click to call” phone number show up for your business when you search for your business on a mobile phone?
Now, more than ever, you need to make your business findable via smartphone — and have a mobile-ready website in addition to your regular website (i.e., a streamlined website that is easy to navigate via mobile phone.)
What To Do Now
- Claim your Google Places business profile. Make sure your Google Places page is optimized and complete. It’s easy to mess up your Google Places profile when you don’t know what you are doing. Email me or call (540) 937-7234 for expert help to make sure you do it right.
- Consider moving your website to the SmallBiz WordPress Theme — a specially-designed software package that includes a built-in mobile website builder. Email me or call (540) 937-7234 for more information about the Small Biz WordPress Theme and how it can help your business.
- Consider getting a QR code and putting it on your business cards, brochures, print ads and other print marketing materials.