According to a recent research report, consumer scanning of QR Codes has risen 1,400% over the past year. Now that local consumers are more familiar with QR codes and how they work (you see them everywhere nowadays), more and more smartphone owners are scanning QR barcodes to:
- download coupons
- enter contests
- get product information
- access directions and other information about local businesses.
American wineries have caught onto this marketing trend. An increasing number of wineries are adding QR Codes to wine bottle labels and other print marketing literature to:
- Send customers to your Yelp or other review page, where they can see how others have rated your wine and leave their own reviews or comments,
- Display a website page that describes the wine and suggested food pairings,
- Display suggested recipes that go well with a particular wine,
- Display an online ordering page that makes it easy to order more wine immediately,
- Display a video of the winemaker discussing the wine or giving the viewer a virtual tour of your winery.
Creative QR Code Winery Marketing Ideas
Dry Creek Winery’s wine bottle labels have QR codes that take the customer to a two-minute video describing their wines.
Hope Family Wines’ QR code printed on the back of their wine bottle labels take viewers to a video (see below) that introduces their new Troublemaker wine.
Mistakes to Avoid With QR Codes
Before implementing a QR code marketing strategy, here is an article you should read first about QR code mistakes and how to avoid them.