Can a social media marketing plan help your business grow?
Small businesses that engage in social media marketing can reap significant rewards over time. When approached in a systematic and disciplined manner, social media marketing can:
- Help you reach a wider audience than you can reach in-person at Chamber of Commerce and other business networking events.
- Grab attention and arouse curiosity about your products and services.
- Put you in control of your company’s messaging and branding.
- Educate your ideal clients/customers about your products and services through articles, pictures, and videos.
- Establish and reinforce your position as a knowledgeable expert in your market niche or local marketplace.
- Generate more calls to your business.
- Create relationships that lead to more sales.
Social Media Marketing Checklist
The Whole Brain Group’s social media marketing checklist and infographic provides a helpful and comprehensive visual guide for planning your social media marketing activities. Companies that do not have the in-house resources to plan and execute a comprehensive social media campaign can expect to pay $2,000 – $7,500 per month for an experienced social media marketing firm to professionally manage your entire social media marketing campaign. You can also assign the tasks to a knowledgeable employee or contact Herbst Marketing to request a quote for social media marketing services at more affordable rates.
Recommended Blogging Activities
- Write and publish at least one original well-written blog article or video each week.
- Syndicate/repost links to your blog post to each of your social media profiles/pages.
Blogging, combined with social media marketing, has paid off for Expert Kitchen Designs by generating more high-quality leads and sales for kitchen design services.
Recommended Twitter Activities
- Follow 10 new people each week
- Re-tweet 2 interesting tweets per day
- Send at least 3 tweets daily
Recommended LinkedIn Activities
- Update Company Profile and Status
- Connect with 3-5 new people each week
- Follow 3 new companies each week
- Ask for 1-2 recommendations each week
Recommended Google+ Activities
- Share content at least twice a day to your Personal Google+ Profile and your Google+ Business page
- Add 5 new people to your Google+ Circles each week
- Offer a Google+ Hangout session for a topic in your industry (Click Here for a Google Hangout example)
Recommended Pinterest Activities
- Add one new board containing at least 6 new pins (pictures) each week to your Pinterest page, with links back to your website/blog for each photo posted.
- Be sure to use relevant keywords and descriptions for each new pin you publish.
- Follow 5 new interesting and inspiring pin boards each week from users in fields related to your business.
Recommended YouTube Activities
- Find and share three new videos each week to your Facebook, Google+ and Twitter pages.
- Subscribe to 3 new channels in your industry each week.
- Post video replies to relevant videos in your industry each week.
- Plan and create one new video each week to showcase an area of your business.
Small Business Social Media Marketing Examples
Mommy Zen Video Blog
Expert Kitchen Designs Blog
Georjeans Dog Grooming
Herbst Marketing Blog
Girls Stand Strong Blog
Eileen Lonergan WordPress Blog
Expand2Web Online Marketing Blog
Sullivan Roof Cleaning YouTube Channel