Many small business owners are scrambling to figure out how to use Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and other social media to market their business.
The problem is, social media engagement can distract you from the more important and essential marketing tasks of:
- developing a website that works, and
- using your website as a marketing tool to grow your email list.
- Announce your latest products and services;
- Direct the people on your list to pages on your website where they can learn more about the features and benefits of what you do and what you sell;
- Send people on your list to an online shop where they can buy more now;
- Include links to downloadable coupons;
- Send readers to an engaging web video link, where they can learn more about the benefits and features of a product or service you are selling.
The Easiest Way to Grow Your Email List: QR Codes
The problem is, getting people to sign up for your email list usually requires that they be in front of a computer.
QR codes solve that problem: Now you can print a QR code on a business card or brochure. When you hand it out to prospects and customer, simply ask them to scan the QR code with their smart phones, and they can be taken instantly to a web form where they can sign up for your email list on the spot.
If they don’t have a smart phone with a QR Code scanner already uploaded, you can let them use your own smart phone to access your email sign-up form.
To learn why email is such a powerful marketing tool for your business, watch this video.